Accommodation Letting Agreement
For any group hiring any Arete accommodation area on a self catered or catered basis.
This Agreement is to be agreed at the point of booking, on the date the Accommodation / Activity Booking Form is submitted. This Booking Form will be emailed over as a link once availability of dates and groups size has been confirmed. The agreement will be between:
- Arete Outdoor Centre, Llanrug, Caernarfon, Gwynedd, LL55 4AP a company incorporated in England and Wales with registered number 08857047
- Main contact making booking as stated on Accommodation / Activity Booking form.
Booking Particulars & Meanings
These words and phrases have defined meanings:
Agreement: this Accommodation Letting Agreement, which is made up of the information in this section and the following terms and conditions
Property: Arete Outdoor Centre to include any area – Main Centre, West Wing or Bryn Eryr.
No. of Nights: As stated on Accommodation / Activity Booking Form
No. of Guests: As stated on Accommodation / Activity Booking Form
Catered Option: As stated on Accommodation / Activity Booking Form
Cleaning/Damage Deposit: £200
Rent Total: See Accommodation / Activity Booking Form
Rental Deposit: Non refundable 30% deposit
Remaining Balance: Remaining Balance due 30 days prior to arrival date
Terms & Conditions
- You are entitled to occupy the Property for holiday use only and this Agreement will not give you any security of tenure under the terms of the Housing Act 1988 pursuant to which the occupation shall be deemed to be by way of an excluded tenancy.
- You agree that this Agreement is not an assured tenancy and that no periodic tenancy will start at the end of the Letting Period. As a holiday letting this Agreement is excluded for the purposes of the Protection from Eviction Act 1977.
- The number of people staying must not exceed the number stated on the booking form. If it does we can refuse entry or make you leave before the end of your booked period. In either of these cases we will consider that your stay has been cancelled by you and that you will have no claim against us for compensation or reimbursement whatsoever.
- We do not accept any responsibility for any aspect of your accommodation affected by matters over which we have no control, for example weather conditions, industrial disputes, terrorism, delays, acts of God, war, quarantine, sickness or any other cause.
- All references to the singular include the plural and vice versa and any obligations or liabilities of more than one person shall be joint and several and an obligation on the part of a party shall include an obligation not to allow or permit the breach of that obligation.
You agree with us to:
- Pay the accommodation cost at the times and in the way set out above;
- Ensure the accommodation is left in the same condition and state of cleanliness and order in which you found it on arrival. Before leaving remove all rubbish and all personal items from the Property.
- Replace, repair or clean any item(s) which are broken or damaged during the Letting Period;
- Keep noise from becoming too loud to disturb any neighbours;
- Allow us or anyone with our written permission to enter the Property at reasonable times of the day to check its condition and state of repair, and carry out any necessary repairs and gas inspections, provided we have given you reasonable prior notice (except in emergency);
- Make sure that your personal belongings are insured. We do not accept any responsibility for any guest’s property of any description, including money, luggage, electronic equipment or vehicles and their contents.
You agree with us not to:
- Damage the Property or any of the contents and furniture.
- Do or omit to do anything on or at the Property which may be or become a nuisance or annoyance to any other occupiers of the Property or owners or occupiers of adjoining or nearby premises or which may in any way prejudice the insurance of the Property or cause an increase in the premium.
- Without our prior written consent (consent not to be withheld unreasonably) keep or allow any pet of any kind or animal at the Property. If any pets are allowed they must be kept under strict control and on a lead at all times. Pets must not be left alone at the Property. You are responsible for all damage and any extra cleaning caused by the pet(s), and are responsible for cleaning all pet refuse;
- Use or occupy the Property in any way other than as a private holiday residence for a maximum number of people as listed above; and
- Assign, sublet, charge or part with or share possession of occupation of the Property or any part of it.
Cleaning / Damage Deposit:
- The Cleaning/Damage Deposit will be held by us and will be refunded to you at the end of the Letting Period (but less any reasonable deductions properly made by us to cover any reasonable costs incurred or losses caused to us by any breaches of the obligations in this Agreement by you). No interest will be payable to you in respect of the Cleaning/Damage Deposit.
- The Cleaning/Damage Deposit will be paid to you as soon as reasonably possible, however we will not be bound to return the Cleaning/Damage Deposit until after we have had a reasonable opportunity to assess the reasonable cost of any repairs required as a result of any breaches of your obligations under this Agreement.
- If at any time during the Letting Period we are obliged to deduct from the Cleaning/Damage Deposit any reasonable costs due to any breach of your obligations you must make additional payments as are needed to restore the full amount of the Cleaning/Damage Deposit.
- We will hold provisional bookings for 7 days by which time we must have received a 30% non refundable deposit, or full amount if booking is within 30 days, otherwise we retain the right to re-let the space. No booking can be considered confirmed until we have received a signed application and the deposit payment or full amount which will then be receipted by us. If we cannot accept the booking for any reason your deposit will be returned promptly but we cannot accept any liability for any delay or additional expense incurred as a result.
- A 14 day cooling off period is given upon payment of deposits made 4 months or more before the start of the letting period. During this cooling off period it is possible to claim a deposit refund if a cancellation is made.
- The Remaining Balance together with final confirmation of number of persons in your group is due 30 days before the start of the letting period which is non refundable. If the Remaining Balance payment hasn’t been made within 10 days of the due date we reserve the right to re-let the property. If we are unable to re-let the property the guest will still be liable for the final balance.
- The Remaining Balance can be adjusted up to 30 days before the start of the rental period, to our discretion, if there are changes to your final guest numbers.
- No refunds will be given to any cancellations made less than 30 days before the start of your letting period. This will include the remaining balance and deposit.
- A person who is not a party to this Agreement cannot enforce any of its terms under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.
- This Agreement shall be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales and all disputes arising under the Agreement (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
- By ticking yes on the booking form the person responsible for this booking as stated on the booking form has read, understood and agrees to these Terms & Conditions.