Arete centre is located in Snowdonia, North Wales. Nearby are the majestic mountains, expansive lakes, and the coast of Anglesey that has both beaches and cliffs. The centre itself is on the outskirts of the small village Llanrug in a rural setting.
SNOWDONIA, NORTH WALES & ANGLESEY
The Snowdonia National Park contains some of the highest and most spectacular mountains in the UK. Covering 838 square miles, it was the first designated park in Wales back in 1951. It contains the best cliffs for rock climbing, white water rivers of all grades, underground mines and sheltered lakes to explore. Nearby, Anglesey’s coastline attracts both sea kayakers and climbers from around the world.
Map of Arete Centre Location in North Wales
ARETE CENTRE LOCATION:
- Rural setting in the village of Llanrug near the tourist town of Llanberis
- Shop, public house and eatery all nearby
- Outdoor shops and tourist attractions 5 minutes away
- Short drive to first class outdoor activity venues
- Stunning views of mountain peaks of the Snowdonia National Park from the doorstep
TRAVELLING TO ARETE:
For sat nav users please input LL55 4AP. The A55 dual carriage way along the North Wales coast provides quick and easy access to North Wales connecting the motorways from Liverpool, Manchester, Birmingham and London. At junction 11 on the A55 signs can be followed for Llanberis and then Llanrug after passing the Lake Padarn. Turn left just before the Glyntwrog public house and we are located 200m on your right.
- Liverpool: 75 miles away, 1 hours 40
- Manchester: 100 miles away, 1hour 50
- Brimingham: 125 miles away, 2 hours 45
- Worcester: 180 miles away 3 hours
- London: 270 miles away, 4 hours 40
The nearest rail station is Bangor. There are various train routes that connect at Chester, including 2 / 3hour train journeys from London. Some of these fast trains continue to Holyhead Port, stopping at Bangor. If not a local train connection can be made at Chester. Pickups can be possible from the station otherwise bus or taxi options are available.